Sunday, September 27, 2009

Welcome Back

Okay so we recently started school again and I must say times are changing. It seems like the hallways have been transformed into catwalks, like its one big fashion show. Everyone has designer labels and the "flyest gear" and what not.... like how rlly cares what you wear?? I know I sure as hell don't. I don't even care what I wear, shit I wake up in the morning and throw on whatever i get my hands on to be honest. What happened to the good old days when we went to school to get an education, but that's the least of every one's worries. It kills me when people spend more time picking out they're clothes then they do on homework. And who the hell is buying all this shit anyways. I know for a fact that my mother would rather buy me a new book than some sneakers I'll probably only wear once, and if they're buying it with their own money they have problems because we are only getting paid minimum wage... we do NOT need to be wasting it, it should be going into a savings account for college because scholarships don't pay for everything.

anyways... I'm out
~Suzy

1 comment:

  1. Dear Suzi--

    I could not agree with you more. Today we live in a society that looks counts and who you know also counts, but I am happy to say that people that worry about what and who have a difficult time to maintaining their position, as people in general get tired of them and then they need to make new connections, revive the older ones, and get an upgrade in their closets!!!! That being said people with brains, like you, don't have to go through all that. The other side of that, I learned on my _ i hope NOT very old age_ that one's looks, behavior, ways counts, specially on the professional world. Here is an example: I can perform just fine either wearing my jeans or a suit, but I am that much more respected wearing a suit. And I may add that I like being respected...so I conform to society and wear suits - almost every day......and choose to still "rebel" and wear my jeans on Fridays (the day that I am just the girl with an accent that knows a hell lot and helps everyone out- the other days I am Priscila Cardoso- the person that can speak 3 languages and provides training to professionals state wide). BTW did you get my message that I am cleaning up my closet?

    ReplyDelete