Friday, July 31, 2009

Supply & Demand

Some of you may be questioning why this post is called Supply & Demand, and that's because that was the name of Shepard Fairey's art exhibit that I got to see today. Now you may be thinking, who the hell is Shepard Fairey? For those who don't know he's the guy who did that blue & red Obama picture that said "hope" on the bottom, and he's the same guy that's being sued for doing that illustration since the picture of Obama was originally from someone else. ANYWAYS, I got to meet Shepard Fairey and get a tour of his exhibit while he was still in Boston, and let me tell you this guy's work is FANTASTIC.
All his work has some deep meaning to it, but they look incredible. My favorite out of all of them was one piece called Two Sides of Capitalism (bad) And yes I preferred the bad side of it then the other good side art piece. That work had crazy but true meaning to it and I loved the quotes it had on it like: "Obedience is the most valuable currency" & "This ransom note is worth exactly what you are willing to give in order to get it."


So I wasn't really allowed to take pictures of the exhibit itself so I just got two pics of the outside of the exhibit that says Shepard Fairey Supple & Demand with Andre the Giant's face all over & I took a pic of the clip we were given to wear after they checked our names on the list (pic all the way up top) So yeah, this guy made me love all there is about his work and himself. Seeing his work today, I officially love Shepard Fairey (if only he could read this to know I'm a BIG FAN of his).

Now children, go learn some more about art
- Lizi

No comments:

Post a Comment